Saturday, October 10, 2026

AI will not fix this one

 I tasked the business manager to arrange a trade show this week. Wed, he did the event ingress on his own.  Basically booking the truck, going to the convention center, placing a few itens in the booth, go hime.

 Thursday, we booked a Grab car (Uber partner) Did the show

Friday he went with office girl on.his mptprcycle to the venue.  I paid him nearly a days wages extra for taking his bike, and enough money for both him.and the girl to.have lunch at Ikea across the street.  Ikea is quite the treat, and its a little bit expensive compared to fast food.  

Saturday morning, the girl cant go, the other girl had some issue at home to.fix.  I sent him off by himself.  Gave him enough for a Ikea meal and more than enough to.cover gas and use of his bike instead of public transport.

I message in morning, asking how things were.  No reply. I start calling awhile later.  No answer. Then he starts rejecting the calls.  

I call someone from the other organization we share the booth with.  As i am getting concerned about shipping our things back. There was a couple thousand dollars in equipment on display.

My guy never showed up.

Me and sexytary take a grab to the venue, find out people asking about my products all day.  No one there   

We grab a sumptious meal ai Ikea arrive back and do the egress.  I booked a truck and we loaded it up, went back to the shop.

Now my guy was complaining about setting the booth up.  Said the machibe was heavy.  EXCEPT The trucking app we use has extra helper servive.  So all he had to do was check that little box and for the sum of 10 bucks, carry a table, chair,planter box, and roll a shredder on caster wheels to.the truck and load it. The loading dock was at most 75 feet from the booth.  

He only had to book thevtruck, supervise unload, and he was free to do whatever he wanted downtown.   I had guys and myself at the shop to handle unloading.  

Needless to say, me and sexytary rode back in the truck, as we was the extra helpers.  We gave the truck driver a extra 10 dollsr tip for this.  

So now I have to go thru the tedious process of firing this guy.  Changing pasdwords and access to apps.  Sending a formal notice, etc.  


No comments: