Monday, August 31, 2026

I am stranded

 Spent a 2 days 3 nights in Subic for work.

Left out Sunday afternoon, with heavy rains, and reports of flooding and landslides.  

Lots of new potholes opened on the expressway, so i overnighted in Angeles, next door to Clark. I hit a couple and it certainly wasnt any good for the car.

Hit the road in the morning and there was zero alert on google maps until I got near San Simone.  First it said 30 min delay, and 30 min later it said 30 min delay. 

Stuck in traffic jam for 6 hours.  I got to a break between the expressway divider, and got turned bsck to Angeles.  There was idiots arguing with the traffic cop over that, and i could see water covering the highway a couple hundred meters ahead.

Got another hotel room, will try tomorrow.

Flooding is pretty bad, it was waist deep on the road.  Passed over one road, thought it was a bridge for a river. Then saw  It was a road and water up to the top of a power line.

Knees are killing me, rowing the clutch and gearbox for that long.  

No comments: