Wednesday, September 9, 2026

Taking a risk

 Sexytary and I are taking a 6500 dollar risk tomorrow.

She fronted cash to buy 2 complete extrusion machine lines.

A deal came up for working machinery used to make IV lines. Getting replaced by bigger machines. Selling for scrap price. 

It only needs a die change, and swap the 3 phase motor to.a single phase motor, and a concrete pad to sit it on.

One machine is 10 years old, other is 20.  Well maintained, but all analog. 

Even still, its a big  shop upgrade.  Machine number 2 I will sell, for enough to pay for both units.  The markup is my time, skills and the like.  

The boys started clearing out shop space today.  2 truck loads in total.  

If everything goes to plan, we will be able to make much longer boards and with less labor, while making more board feet per hour. 

I have lost sales due to the inability to make longer boards, so this will be a huge upgrade.

Next up is the plastic pellet mill.


No comments: