The population of the chicken coop is being reduced. I retained one Rhode Island Red rooster, one Cornish Rock rooster, and one Cornish Rock hybrid rooster from the egg-laying flock. The two bantam roosters are being kept for breeding. The three surviving chicks from the last brood of bantams are not yet large enough to process. A bantam hen is sitting on ten eggs.
The Rhode Island Reds are not nearly as large as the white meat birds I raised previously.
Today’s harvest consists of six roosters. I will keep two, the sexytary will receive two, and one each will go to the two workers who came in on their day off.
After that, one worker will construct chicken cages from the plastic lumber on his own time. He will take one cage home and leave one for me. Sexytary and one of the other shop babes have come up with a idea to start a garden in the shop. They are using the reject and offcut plastic lumber to make grow boxes and using the carbonized ricehusk with red clay soil to fill them. It will also function as some nice demo projects for potential customers to see, and spruce the place up. Shop babe has some ideas to get some planters for herself.
As cash is tight, I can not really afford to pay bonus right now, I can at least give the higher performers some things to take home.
No comments:
Post a Comment