Wednesday, July 22, 2026

Starlink mesh now set up

 The last item arrived today, the waterproof lan cable to connect to the mesh router in the office.  As the container blocks the signal when everything is closed up.  

I dont even have cell phone service in the container when the door is closed too.  

Initially my connection speeds were really slow, but then after bout 10 min the speed went back above 120mbps.  So it is kinda lookin for my spot this is the max download speed.  Not complaining.  

The whole week has been nothing but sales meets, socializing etc.  Getting home late all the time in bed at midnight last few days is not doin anything positive for me.  Plenty of oppourtunities to drink, but I only engaged in moderation and no buzz.  

I guess I been here so long I get invited both weddings and attend funerals for people I know.  Before, moving here, I cant recall a single funeral after I left home as a adult.

Project microfilm is underrway.  Testing a small handfull of this stuff to see how it works before committing money to something that may not work.  

The office container desperately needs paneling.  I surrender.  I can not take the heat anymore.  Plan is my plastic plywood cause its the cheapest option, insulated with some foam packaging material I got for free.  Later as budget allows over next weeks I will screw some cement board over it for fire and paint it.  

Rainy season is not according to usual.  We got rain in the afternoons but the sky has been mostly clear, not the usual haze and overcast.  Nice weather, but not normal for this time of the year.  Super El Nino in effect.

No comments: