Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Re Container office

Someone suggested an insulation kit, but it’s not something that’s readily available here.

What I can buy locally are foam insulation sandwich panels. They’re basically the same idea, except I’d have to cut them to size myself. No matter how I run the numbers, though, the cost still comes in over a thousand bucks. I’ve looked at dozens of different methods and material combinations to finish out the container.

Right now, my best option looks like building C-purlin stud walls and lining them with my 5/8-inch plastic plywood. Since I distribute the material for another company, I can get the half-inch sheets for $19.51 each. The 5/8-inch version will obviously be a bit more.

It will still need insulation behind it, but the plastic plywood does a surprisingly good job with sound deadening compared to a lot of other materials. The bigger concern is fire resistance. I’m thinking of either screwing 1/4-inch cement board over the face or applying a fire-retardant paint. I could even look into having some borax added during manufacturing for a little extra protection. Overall, this route should come in a couple hundred dollars cheaper than the sandwich panels.

Yesterday, after I posted, another large sun shade screen arrived. It’s already making a noticeable difference. Once the container falls into shade after 11 a.m., it stays much more tolerable inside.

Today I need to finish building a custom machine that melts plastic and oil together to create a sort of asphalt-like material. After that, I’ll tackle getting my internet properly sorted and knock out the remaining loose ends from the move.

Sexytary will be wiring up the shredder and blower, so two workers can grind down a small mountain of plastic cups and bottles into a couple easily managed jumbo sacks, making room for more materials moved.

Later this week I’m planning to rent a couple of trucks and run two crews — one loading while the other is unloading. Since the trip is only about half a mile, this back-and-forth system should save a lot of time. Each truck run costs around $5.30.

Found this funny

 

Docking as in the gay sex act?




1 comment:

MS Jordan said...

Office Building treatment
I setup an office in a 40ft container in southern Florida a couple of years ago - mostly due to local code - I did my insulation on the exterior and added a pitched for the rain - and just glued up exterior grade 1/4" plywood for the inside - worked great and a whole lot less "fiddly" work to get it done and I didn't lose 2 plus inches inside
For what ever it worth