Saturday, June 25, 2016

To the Dip Sh-t Who Called Me a Traitor

Awhile back I had some dipshit call me everything but white, because I in fact, do not at present live in the USA.

So today I quote Doug Casey:


"America is the best country in the world. I'd be a fool to leave."

That was absolutely true, not so very long ago. America certainly was the best – and it was unique. But it no longer exists, except as an ideal. The geography it occupied has been co-opted by the United States, which today is just another nation-state. And, most unfortunately, one that's become especially predatory toward its citizens.

"My parents and grandparents were born here; I have roots in this country."

An understandable emotion; everyone has an atavistic affinity for his place of birth, including your most distant relatives born long, long ago, and far, far away. I suppose if Lucy, apparently the first more-or-less human we know of, had been able to speak, she might have pled roots if you'd asked her to leave her valley in East Africa. If you buy this argument, then it's clear your forefathers, who came from Europe, Asia, or Africa, were made of sterner stuff than you are.

"I'm not going to be unpatriotic."

Patriotism is one of those things very few even question and even fewer examine closely. I'm a patriot, you're a nationalist, he's a jingoist. But let's put such a tendentious and emotion-laden subject aside. Today a true patriot – an effective patriot – would be accumulating capital elsewhere, to have assets he can repatriate and use for rebuilding when the time is right. And a real patriot understands that America is not a place; it's an idea. It deserves to be spread.

------
I left the US in early 2004 to go to the Iraq war.  Came back in late 2007 and the place had totally changed.  I know I changed a little during that time too, but the shock was seeing all the foreigners that had arrived during that time.  

The place looked the same, but damn, where the hell did all these freeloading losers come from?

I saw billboards in Hindi in freaking Texas.  I saw billboards in Arabic in Michigan.  I saw my hometown with a Mexican redneck bar and heard my father brag how his friends hired illegals over Americans.  My own father bragging how he and his friends were literally taking the food from the mouths of his neighbors children and selling them out to save $2 an hour.

The deal was sealed during a period of hardship in 2009.  The 2008 crash totally wiped me out.  Lost a lot of money during the time.  All total at least 70k in assets and savings, not counting a year of very little income. 

Went back to the war end of 2009 and stayed till the bitter end.  Literally the last American truck driver to pull a load of US mail out of Iraq and the second to last American civilian truck convoy to leave with a co worker taking the last load out the next day.

I am true to the ideals of America.  The USGOV and this modern day Amerika, I have no loyalty to.

When, or if America pulls its head from its ass I'll return, or if Texas secedes will I return.








No comments: