Saturday, April 2, 2016

3D Printed, Machined, or Injection Mold?


The day is truly upon us where one can have a advanced manufacturing facility in the space of a one car garage.

For example, my current setup consists of one large format 3D printer, a 40 watt co2 laser, and 5 computers bought as surplus from a call center for $100 each.

I do have CNC milling capability, although they seem to go out the door as fast as I make them.

If I was to start anew, I could replicate my entire shop setup for less than $10000 dollars.

I could also add in injection molding and a cnc lathe to the toolbox.

I am doing this in a third world country, with limited resources.  What is your excuse?

Read the rest here

http://www.3ders.org/articles/20160331-injection-molding-meets-3d-printing-in-this-300-piece-3d-printed-injection-molding-machine.html

No comments: