Saturday, February 27, 2016

Facebook spies

So I am running Adblock, and ghostery on my browser.  I mention that I had a tooth pulled in a friends only post and all of a sudden I am getting spam for dental work, dental insurance etc.  Make a comment about cars and all of a sudden my account gets bombarded with car insurance.  

Then really strange, I have a Chinese saleswoman on FB trying to sell me a larger laser and all of a sudden I get bombarded with ads for laser cutters.

The odd thing is that my mail account is not the same as my FB account...

2 comments:

SiGraybeard said...

It's FB themselves. They sell every word you post, everything about you they can know.

Anonymous said...

Facebook, Google, all of it is tied in together. Absolutely they are spying. But it's for commerce, right, so that's holy and blameless, according to some....

I only use Facebook for friends and family. Zero politics. Even then, I'm not so sure I should keep using it.