Friday, July 3, 2015

Rocket Stoves and Gasifier Stove Real World Experience

Here is a project I worked on a couple years ago.  I developed a line of rocket stoves for use in the Philippines.

There has already been a enormous amount wrote about these things, so I will not repeat the info found in other places.

However I have made some observations and found some methods of construction of these stoves that I have not seen anywhere else.

One is that You can substitute one of these stoves for a gas stove fairly easily.  We experimented with this stove at the house and were able to consistently be ready to cook on wood within 30 seconds if we used a dash of alcohol or white gas.  Not much was needed, only about a shot glass. 

Further experiments I found that a hybrid rocket/gasifier stove design was actually the cheapest of all the designs to make and the least amount of smoke.

I can mass produce these stoves quite cheaply if anyone is looking for a wholesale source of these.

I have one stove my brother in-lawhas used on a daily basis for several years now.  The steel version he initially got only lasted about 3 months.  He uses it at least 2-3 hours every day on average.

The second one he has received made from stainless steel has given him service now for over 3 years. 




Hyrbid Gasifier Rocket Stove



Insulation inside


















Making a batch of stoves


Gasifier stove.  Blue Light is LED from Computer Fan


No comments: